I won't even lie, I've been more than a little worried. Worried that my fav author (Really 2nd fav but don't tell him) of all times- after writing more than 12 novels- had lost his shiz-nat.
Worn by any other author, Fool would have been borne with shining glory, full of pomp, grace, circumstance. For the big CM- Fool-for all intents and purposes- was simply Okay. An ehh on the Right scale of gooey goodness.
No fear- my little darlings- for he is back with the latest and greatest installment Bite Me. Technically third in the series Bloodsucking Fiends and You Suck, Moore invites Inspector Rivera and Cavuto (Too many others to name) and Lily (A Dirty Job) to the party. A giant reunion of all the creepy kids.
Top reasons why I <3 this more than bud-da:
1."So instead I kissed him within’ an inch of his life, then slapped him so he didn’t think I was his personal slut, which I totally was." (page 14)
2. "Oh my fucking-zombie-jebus-on-a-pogo-stick!"(page 3)
3. All of Page 79- the scene in the hardware store- OMG about pee'd my pants.
4. "She said no big deal. They had vampire cats in Beijing when she was girl. She said their shit is weak." "She said that?" "The idiom is different, but basically, yeah." (page 105)
5. "In my defense you're supposed to tell your BFF when you get fresh ink, so the screaming was totally over the top." (page 115)
6. "Your cross-dressing sissy-man kung-fu is no match for my superior household lightening king-fu." (page 138)
7. page 135. Back in the hardware store- only in San Francisco, guys, only in San Fran.
It's been a while, so Abby Normal spends the first few chapters catching us up, as only she can in a combo teen-emo-too old for own good on 50 espresso's torrential flood of details. Bite me is not for the faint of heart but anyone who reads the great CM on a regular basis already knows that.
Basically Bite Me is a raucous, righteous, fun time and well-worthy of a CM Gold Standard.